Classes are every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday evenings from 18:30 - 19:30/45.
All classes consist of drilling the various striking and grappling techniques, to ingrain them into your muscle memory; padwork, to test your speed, power, footwork and strategic striking; and/or sparring for resistance/fight training.
Tuesday: Focus on Striking techniques - Using Fist, Kicking, Forearm Blocks and Evasion Tactics.
Wednesday: Focus on Standup Grappling techniques - Using Throws, Sweeps, Take Downs and Submission Tactics.
Friday: Focused on combining Striking and Grappling techniques.
Ruko has a 1 week free pass, this allows potential students to test the discipline before signing up. Please schedule an appointment before coming to visit us.
There are no contracts, students choose at the beginning of each month whether they would like the permanent or part time student option.
1) Monthly Fee: R400 per month for unlimited classes
2) Drop in Fee: R70 per class (students may attend any class)
Regardless of the belt rank, all classes follow the same structure. The difference being that white belt students will focus on the basic techniques and stances, where as senior ranked students will focus on strategy and chain-linking various techniques. All classes follow the below layout:
1) Warm up: Footwork or Grappling
2) Stretching: Similar to Yoga
3) Technical or Strategy Training: Learning New Techniques and Strategies
4) Drills: Drilling the New Techniques
5) Resistance and Reaction Training: Padwork, Sparring or Positional Sparring
6) Fitness or Tabata: Strength and Conditioning